- Ed Price highlights the latest update to Visual Studio Code, version 0.10.2, addressing some critical defects for the beta release. Be sure to check out Chris Dias’s highlight of the v0.10.13 release too, which addresses a performance issue at application startup.
- Jura Gorohovsky highlights the latest improvements made in ReSharper 10’s EAP release.
- The .NET Team announce the RTM release of .NET 4.6.1 which includes improved security features, WPF enhancements, SQL Connectivity improvements, and much more.
- John Montgomery announces the RTM release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 and highlights the late additions to the release.
- Brian Harry highlights the TFS 2015 Update 1 release and also highlights the RTM release of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 too.
- Kasey Uhlenhuth takes a look at what is new in the Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 release for developers in the Managed Languages, looking at editor features, interactive window code analysis, and Roslyn.
- Jeffrey T. Fritz and the NuGet Team announce the release of Nuget 3.3 with an improved Visual Studio user interface, improved content files support and support for Bower packages.
- Dr. Axel Rauschmayer takes a look at the configuration of the latest version of Babel ECMAScript Transpiler and also discusses another language proposal for the ECMAScript language.
- Peter Vogel talks about overloading TypeScript functions.
- Manjunath Guruaja shares two articles looking at the use of .NET Core, starting with a look at the key concepts behind .NET Core before moving on to look at creating a simple ‘Hello Word’ application without using Visual Studio.
- Paulo Morgado gives a nice rundown of the various new language features in C# 6.
- K. Scott Allen takes a look at the ASP.NET 5 Typed HTTP Header support allowing you to work with HTTP headers in a more strongly typed way.
- Paul Ballard shares an overview of the concepts behind Docker Containers, a technology which is of increasing importance for .NET developers with the plans to adopt them on Windows.
- Benjamin Perkins discusses how to go about monitoring an ASP.NET application which keeps recycling to help you debug what is going wrong.
- Scott Hanselman shares a useful tip to get access to machines on the VirtualBox virtual network using Microsoft Edge.
- James Sturtevant talks about compiling ASP.NET 5 RC1 on a Mac or Linux, covering issues he ran into and how he fixed them.
- Tim Anderson covers why Microsoft’s .NET Core is the future of its development platform in his latest article.
- Martin Fowler talks about the usefulness of Lists and Hashes and even though they have a lot of support in today’s programming languages, he still wishes he would have used a more thoughtful tree representation in certain occasions.
- Christian Heilmann gives us a quick reminder on how and why to use labels in forms to make them more accessible.
- Bertrand Le Roy shares the first ‘This Week in .NET’ community newsletter from the .NET Team, highlighting what core committers have been up to as well as sharing some links to news and articles.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio