- Brad Green announces the release of Angular 2 Beta, which has put significant effort towards improving performance.
- damienbod shares a look at the process of generating documentation for your MVC 6 API using the Swashbuckle Swagger Library.
- Elton Stoneman discusses a couple of factors which make now a very good time for .NET developers to move to cross platform development. Also be sure to check out his Getting Started with .NET and Docker article too.
- Sergiy Baydachnyy takes a look at the PowerShell extension for Visual Studio Code and shares a look at how it makes VS Code a good IDE to utilize PowerShell scripts with.
- Tomas Petricek shares a few book suggestions for those interested in the more formal aspects of Computer Science.
- Doug Finke shares some PowerShell enhancements which can help make developing Visual Studio Code extensions easier.
- Drew McLellan takes a look at the Semantic Versioning version number strategy, discussing its application to software as well as its background.
- Beckylin Orooji shares a look at a community plugin for Glimpse which surfaces Application Insights telemetry data within it.
- Phil Haack asks the all important question, To String or to string.
- Jimmy Bogard continues his series of posts looking at the practical use of some of the new C# 6 features, exploring expression bodied function members this time.
- Erik Dietrich discusses some of the unintended consequences of introducing a code review process and some tricks to avoid falling into many of these pitfalls.
- Rico Mariani discusses a new Computer Science scholarship he has created with the University of Waterloo aimed at helping women get into computing and to get the support and advice of experienced industry contacts.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio