- David Justice announces the release of Azure Powershell 1.0, available for install from the Web Platform Installer and featuring a number of improvements and new features.
- Nicole Bruck highlights the release of Update 1 for Office Developer tools for Visual Studio 2015.
- SubMain releases GhostDoc v5.0, which now introduces documentation quality hints in Visual Studio, documentation management assistance - find auto-generated comments, the ability to edit/remove the bulk created docs, and much more.
- Dr. Axel Rauschmayer gives the background to Object.values / Object.entries in the EMCAScript proposal from Jordan Harband.
- Dr. Axel Rauschmayer continues his look into EMCAScript proposals taking on a call for string padding capabilities in the core language.
- Rami Sayar continues his series looking at the new features of ECMAScript 2015, exploring the use of the arrow and spread operators.
- Dan Roberts shows us how to hand off to another ASP.NET MVC Controller Action without redirecting.
- Paul Mooney shares a look down into the depths of the .NET CLR with his write-up, .NET CLR Explained.
- Alexandr Nikitin looks at how you can use Event Tracing for Windows events emitted by the .NET Just In Time Compiler to understand how it is optimizing your code.
- Alexandr Nikitin continues his look into the JIT by explaining Hoisting in .NET, which removes code from loops that do not need to be in loops.
- Henrik F Nielsen discusses the new JSON WebHook Receiver introduced in the latest update and looks at using it with a number of different APIs, including IFTTT.
- Kevin Logan shares a look at how FakeItEasy makes it quicker to test Entity Framework code.
- Jan Van Ryswyck discusses the idea that every feature added to software adds a burden and the benefits of removing old unused features to free yourselves from that burden.
- Barry Dorrans gives us an update on .NET Core and ASP.NET Bug Bounty.
- Iris Classon shares a quick tip on the use of Conditional Breakpoints and reminds us that powers that lurk within Visual Studio.
- Anirudha Gupta talks about the slow operations he has been having with nuget and how he overcame it.
- Andrei Marukovich talks about working with GitHub from Visual Studio 2015.
- Steve Smith takes a look at the weird and wonderful world of estimates in software, sharing 5 laws to bear in mind when making estimates.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio