i’d like to know which open source cms you think is the best one for a classified ads website. ( and eventually which components to install )
The requirements are very basic.
- Multiple categories and subcategories
- Users should be able to create an account and post ads
- Users should have a page with all their own ads ( view all ads by this seller )
These additional features would be very appreciated
- Users should receive messages (requests regarding their ads) both from registered and not registered users
- Search engine optimized urls (possibly)
- Possibility to offer free and paid ads ( listed first or something like this )
Custom field names + Search by custom fields: this would be a really appreciated plus
all the posts regarding classified sites I’ve found were about integrating classifieds in a website with other functions such as forums, news etc.
Please also post your experience if you have built a classified ads site before.
Joomla is my favourite all around CMS and does have 2-3 good classifieds components.
I hope that helps.
have you used/tried such components?
Yes I have. They are all pretty good, none really stands out as a lot better than the others.
Another option is to use Flexicontent and build the system yourself, but that would take a lot more work.
in word press , best plugin for Classified Ads
Check the topclassifiedsoftware.com. I think that this is best classified CMS.
Any of the major PHP CMS systems (WP, Drupal, or even Joomla) have addons for this functionality.