…posted by davidjmedlock:
I’ve had a few people come to me looking for blogging scripts and pre-built apps, so I thought it’d be useful to post a few of the resources I found for this. Keep in mind that, although I maintain the blog here on SitePoint, I’m not a big fan of blogging and thus have little experience with it and its terminology. So, I’m not going to be much help when it comes to interfacing with Moveable Type…
- For CF5/IIS/Fusebox 3 there is FuseBlog. It allows posting, editing, and deleting entries, RSS 0.92 feeds, categories, archives, multiple users, searching and more.
- CFXML_Blog is an open source project available in SourceForge. It is totally XML based, so no data source is required. It offers full UNICODE support, categories, calendar, visual themes editable via a CSS file, XHTML and CSS compliant and recently has added an XHTML compliant WYSIWYG editor.
- CF_Blogger is also freely available and has features for Archives, Categories, bookmarks, and the ability to add/edit/delete all of the above.
I’m also thinking that my June article will be something along the lines of how to create your own blogging system. I’m personally of the mentality that “if you want it done right, you’ve got to do it yourself”. That’s not to say at all that you shouldn’t use one of the above systems. But I often find that if I want something that perfectly fits my needs, the only way to go is to code it myself and build in all the features I want and need. So, I’ll work on an article in June that will focus on building your own custom blog system. Enjoy!
Wrapping Your Head Around Python
Introduction to Swift
Jump Start Git
Level Up Your Web Apps With Go
Jump Start MySQL
Jump Start Git
- 1 Versioning Show, Episode 0, with M. David Green and Tim Evko
- 2 How to Create a Pokemon Spawn Locations Recorder with CouchDB
- 4 Sourcehunt 2016.8 - Contribute to Regression, Regex, ORMs, and More
- 5 Versioning Show, Episode 5, with Rachel Smith