SitePoint’s best-ever selling product, The Web Design Business Kit, has been completely overhauled and updated for 2011’s competitive market. Watch the video, or read below and find out how Peter Williams will help you start or expand your own Web Design business by using this popular Kit.
Hi, I’m Pete Williams and I’m the author of the Web Design Business Kit.
I’ve got an unusual background for a guy who’s been running Web businesses in that I’m an accountant, but I started using the Web back in 1993, and I kicked off a Web Consulting business back in 1996. Subsequent to that I was the CEO of Australia’s largest Web company, which ended up being about a $20m business with 140 people.
So I’ve gone through the whole process of starting up and building a successful, high-profile Web Design business.
The thing about the kit is that, because I’ve got that business and accounting background, I can teach you not just about how you go about building great web sites, but also answer things like:
- How do I start my business?
- What sort of structure should I have?
- What do I need to do if I want to employ people?
- How do I manage the cashflow and budgeting for my business?
- What’s the best way to manage projects?
- How do I build as culture?
- How do I develop people in my business to help it grow and help them lead and expand the stuff we do in the business?
- How do I keep pace with changing technology? Because it’s happening faster and faster, and successful businesses have to be careful they don’t fall off the back. If the world’s all moved to mobile and we’re still doing eLearning stuff from the 1990’s we’ll all be in trouble!
Through the Kit, you’re going to learn about business as well as Web Design. And really, the whole idea of this Kit is that you can use it as a complete reference guide, or pick it up whenever you’re facing a new challenge, such as:
- I need to hire an accountant
- What should I do about a lawyer?
- How do I arrange a relationship with my Bank Manager?
- How do I do performance reviews for my staff?
- How do I cost a job?
- How do I make sure my jobs aren’t running out of control?
- How do I make sure my business is running profitably and I’ve got the cashflow that I need to keep the business running?
There’s a a whole raft of stuff in the Web Design Business Kit, and if you’re running a Web business I think it’ll be crucial for you. You can learn a lot from what I’ve learned over the years about growing a successful Web business, but you can also learn from the mistakes I’ve made:
- How to avoid the wrong clients
- How to go after the right sort of clients
- How to build your business around clients
- How to expand into new offices or new territories
So, get the Kit and use it – I’m pretty excited about it, and I think you’ll really find it useful in building your own Web Design business.