And now for this week’s finds …
- React Starter - Starter template for React with webpack. Does focus on simplicity! FOR BEGINNERS!
- How to Prototype Beacon Apps with Estimote and Evothings - Bluetooth beacons are an incredibly valuable way to set up location based triggers for apps. Estimote have a range of Bluetooth beacons that are quite easy to set up and experiment with. SitePoint contributing editor, Patrick Catanzariti, shows us how.
- Front End Frameworks - are they accessible - The presentation by Russ Weakley shows how they can be.
- Booking.js v1.4.2 - Make a beautiful embeddable booking widget in minutes.
- Espionage - A standalone library for creating spies in Node.js.
- Jump.js - A small, modern, dependency-free smooth scrolling library.
- screenlog.js - Ever faced a situation where you said “Why doesn’t this bug show up when developer console is open!!”? Enter screenlog.js. screenlog.js brings the developer console right on your screen so that you can do logging without having the developer console open always.
- Motion for the Web - A motion graphics toolbelt for the web.
- Think You Know ES6? - Time to prove it…
- MissPlete - MissPlete is a misspelling-tolerant autocomplete written in ECMAScript 2015, aka ECMAScript 6 (ES6).
- React Has Already Won the Client-Side War - A bold statement here from Mark Brown, and lots of opinions in the comments.
- How to Integrate jQuery Plugins into an Ember Application - Lamin Sanneh gets you started.
- Profiling Node.js apps - This Atlassian article shows how you can profile NodeJS apps to identify the cause of any performance problems.
- Creating Node.js Command Line Utilities to Improve Your Workflow - An exploration of how you can use an npm library called Vorpal to create your own command line applications.
- How to Structure a React Project? - Juho Vepsäläinen explains how.
- The Cost of Frameworks - Paul Lewis explores some of the costs of modern frameworks on mobile devices.
- The Cost of Frameworks → - Dave Rupert follows up with his own thinking on the topic of the cost of frameworks.
- Harp v0.20.0 – Node v5.x compatibility - The latest Harp v0.20.0 supports Node v5.x, and simultaneously removes support for Node v0.10.x.
- b2evolution REST API - b2evo also takes steps with its own REST API
Please PM us if you have anything of interest for the next issue or if there is anything you would like to see featured. Paul and Chris of Arabia.