The thing is that a blend more is just that a BLEND. so you would need all the elements that make that particular mix to be present. instead of cutting out the logo, and glow. you may want to create a layer-mask. for the BG layer.
1) save a COPY because an accident will BE disastrous
2) flatten the make your BG to balck
3) set everything in your logo to WHITE, this includes the outerglow
5) Select all and copy
6) Open your backup copy of the file , paste into a layer mask in the BG layer. This should make the bg go away, except for under the logo
7) use contrast and curves to tweak layer mask as need be.
BTW, remember your color theory, that 'superb color' may only be so stunning against that specific bg, and may not look so stunning ( even if you manage to retain that specific hue) against some other matte color.
Hope that helps