Does anyone know what this text effect is called please

I am looking for a code to put a text effect on my website but cannot find a sample anywhere,

What I want is the text to shoot in fast letter by letter from the side of the page.

Ive seen it before on other sites.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be called please?

You’ll likely have to do that kind of transitioning with Flash or Javascript. It can’t be done in plain CSS.

A simple alternative—though it’s not quite what you want—is to use an animated GIF. I was asked to do a series of words that faded in word by word, and after considering things like JS or Flash, realized that a really simple and lightweight alternative was an animated GIF. Worth considering, anyhow. :slight_smile:

did you try doing this with Photoshop software or to use gif picture.
just update us, if you need help, i would love to try helping you.

hi yes izzo i am still looking for help with this please

Any response to what’s been said above? You need to engage in a dialog for people to help you. :slight_smile:

lol sorry ralph i just thought they meant did i still need help - i was hoping to find some script or online editor to create it, as havent got a clue where to start, have downloaded photoshop for the first time and am going to attempt to create it there so any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Here’s something similar to what you describe. [URL=“”]Here’s another.