- Tim Sneath wrote about the new visual studio installer which is faster, leaner, and focuses more on your developmental needs.
- The Microsoft Azure Team announce the release of an updated technical preview of Azure Stack which includes improved deployment and operational for VMs.
- Steve Wilkes announces the availability of his ReadableExpressions Visualizers on the Visual Studio Gallery, which provide the ability to view Expression Tress in the debugger in a more readable format.
- Michael Dick shares shome of the latest new and interesting Visual Studio Extensions which supplement the functionality of the IDE.
- Mauro Huculak gives a nice overview of the features we can expect to see in the next Windows 10 update.
- Carl Franklin shares his thoughts on the inclusion of Xamarin as part of the general .NET, which gives a compelling story for the platform.
- Jaime Gonzalez Garcia continues his series looking at the use of Angular2 to build real applications, exploring retrieval of data over HTTP.
- David Iffland discusses some of the new things which are coming to TypeScript in the upcoming months!
- Sami Pylkkanen walks through the process of setting up a development project to work with Angular2 using TypScript.
- Elton Stoneman highlights 4 significant technologies that he believes will be important ones to master following the news from Build.
- Joe Mayo discusses the use of the newly announce Microsoft Bot Framework, taking a look at some of the code you need to write and a developer’s experience of working with it.
- Jeff Hollan also discusses the use of the Bot Framework and discusses how combining it with Azure Services gives a huge amount of capability.
- Scott Hanselman highlights a Visual Studio Extension to develop C++ code for Linux and have it compiled, run and debugged on a remote Linux based machine.
- Joey Aiello discusses the significance of the Bash announcement with regard to the PowerShell project.
- Filip W takes a look at how to achieve the adding of pre-defined namespaces and custom base view page in ASP.NET Core 1.0 MVC where there is no web.config file to add settings to.
- Ted Neward write up a nice article on Closure-based State in C#.
- Eric Gunnerson discusses the use of Pair Programming and some of the common reasons for its use.
- Laurent Kemp discusses the use of Cake, a C# based Make like build tool.
- Rick Strahl discusses the various places in which ASP.NET and IIS have configuration settings for controlling the request length limits for POSTed data.
- Colin Angus Mackay walks through the process of getting up and running with .NET Development on Ubuntu.
- Bill Wagner discusses the possibility for the introduction of a private protected access modifier in C# 7, looking at the language design considerations to take into account.
- Jeremy D Miller shares his updated throughts on the open source development movement in .NET and identifies what he thinks is and is not better about it.
- The ASP.NET Team latest community standup was on April 5th, 2016 and targeted many questions that came out of the //build announcements.
- The .NET Fringe conference returns for its next incarnation between the 10th and 12th of July 2016, and currently is open for submissions for presentations.
- Hadi Hariri released a FREE e-book on Detecting and Solving Memory Problems in .NET.
- Oliver Sheer highlights a free e-book from Kay Giza and Tobias Kahlert looking at some of their top Visual Studio Code tips and tricks.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s links. Which ones caught your attention?
Please PM me if you have anything of interest for the next issue, and happy reading! - cpradio