And now for this week’s finds …
- How to create a good pull request - A meta-guide for creating easy to review requests.
- Cookies - An oldie but goodie on three functions to save, read and erase cookies using JS.
- The Best Way to Learn to Code is to Code: Learn App Architecture by Building Apps - How to make the jump from learning resources and little practice challenges that teach you coding basics to full blown apps.
- Journey into React Part 1 - Getting Started with React on Windows.
- An Alternative to Regular Expressions: apg-exp - This tutorial will introduce a new pattern-matching engine, apg-exp—a feature-rich alternative to RegExp with an ABNF pattern syntax that is a little easier on the eyes.
- How I built an app with 500,000 users in 5 days on a $100 server - There seems to be a general consensus in the world of startups that you should build an MVP (minimum viable product) without caring too much about technical scalability. Unfortunately, this somewhat blind belief has led to some terrible failures. And Pokémon GO reminded us of it.
- Get Started Building Modern Web Apps With React and Redux - Andrew Burgess takes you through the full process of building a complete web application with React and Redux. In this short video tutorial from the course, you’ll get a glimpse of the first stage: setting up the project.
- Build a Music Streaming App with Electron, React & ES6 - In this tutorial, Wern Ancheta demonstrates how to combine the power of Electron with React, ES6 and the Soundcloud API to create a stylish music streaming app that will stream your favorite tunes right to your desktop.
- Getting Started With Vue.js - This introductory tutorial will teach you the basic concepts of Vue.js, and give a complete overview of its most important features.
- ApproveJS - A simple validation library that doesn’t interfere.
- Lunar - SVG class module for has/add/remove/toggleClass.
- ecmascript-version-detector - ECMAScript Version Detection library.
- Create Apps with No Configuration - Create React App is a new officially supported way to create single-page React applications. It offers a modern build setup with no configuration.
- How To Use Arguments And Parameters In ECMAScript 6 - In this tutorial, we will explore arguments and parameters in detail and see how ECMAScript 6 has upgraded them.
- ServiceWorker: A Basic Guide to BackgroundSync - In this article, Dean Hume runs through a simple example that shows you how to use Background Sync to ensure that your requests are queued even when the user is offline.
- Authenticating Users via OAuth with Cordova and Ionic - In this tutorial, Jay Raj looks at cordovaOAuth is an AngularJS extension which allows mobile developers to add Oauth authorization to their Cordova based apps as simple as possible.
- Create WebPage Screenshots with Node.js and SlimerJS - SlimerJS is very much like PhantomJS: a promise-based automation system that uses Firefox’s Gecko rendering engine instead of WebKit. Let’s have a look at how to automate screenshot creation using SlimerJS!
- Awkward - A NodeJS based shell. Everything is an Object!
- Create and Compare Webpage Screenshots with Wraith - If you have a development server and you want to ensure new changes wont negatively effect the design of the production server, you can run wraith to compare the output of each page on each server!
- HyperTerm - The goal of this project is to create a beautiful and extensible experience for command-line interface users, built on open web standards.
- JB - A simple and fast JSON API template engine for Ruby on Rails
Please PM us if you have anything of interest for the next issue or if there is anything you would like to see featured. Paul and Chris.