If you are new to SEO, then you might be interested to invest some time in learning and experimenting before attempting to market the site by yourself. The other option is to hire a professional agency if you have a good budget to spare.
Generally speaking, the programming language and HTML version is absolutely not relevant to SEO.
A Quick SEO Workout Plan can be found below:
- Learn the On-Page SEO Factors.
- Learn how to speed up your site.
- Learn how to get high quality backlinks from relevant sites.
- Investigate and build your name around social media websites.
- Scale, promote and be open minded to all kinds of Internet Marketing not just organic search results.
On top of all that, be aware that your unique content would be the reason for your success and nothing else really. Focus on your audience and the rest will fall in place.
All the Best!