I’m doing research for an article and would like some real world suggestions.
This is relevant to anybody who owns any kind of business whatsoever. Not just media, programming, freelancing graphics etc. It could be dog walking, lawn mowing, hairdressing or a lemonade stand.
In the following categories, please share any services that you have used to improve the look and performance of your business. Feel free to add more categories or other helpful services as needed.
- Logo, branding, stationary (thelogocompany, 99designs, etc)
- Audio/video voice work (voicebunny)
- Estimates, invoicing (nutcache et)
- Payment processing (anything but paypal)
- Customer forms, proposals, contacts, surveys, data-gathering etc (Wofoo, Formstack)
- Animating or illustrating, storytelling, videos, slideshows, presentations etc
- Professional editing services, website analysis, content-writing.
- Website management services, backup, uptime (pingdom, statuscake, infinitewp, managewp, codeguard, etc)
- Photography services, photo retouching and editing, product photography.
- Phone, fax, answering/messaging services, call center
The focus is NOT on backend management tools like an intranet, or employee communications, email tools, or project management. We’re not talking about Slack or Podio or Sharepoint or Trello here.
The focus is on services which make your business look better on the outside. If it makes your business run nicer, look more professional, market better, reach more clients, make clients happier, then it belongs here. If it helps you look professional and not like a monkey operation, I want to know about it.
I included website management and analytics tools because, of course, it would look bad if your website was down and you didn’t know about it for days! Or if your contact form suddenly stopped working and you didn’t discover it for 6 months. I’ve even had people “forget” to renew their domains and not even realize they didn’t even have a website for 8 months!
If you could just name the service and briefly describe how they help businesses, that would be great! Even if you didn’t use them yourself, but have a referral.
Thanks for sharing!