Parallax Scrolling


I am looking to create a horizontal parallax scrolling site. Any good tutorials or templates out there?

I found this, but its vertical.


I’m just wondering why that’s called parallax scrolling… as it appears to have NOTHING to do with what I associate with that term. (I associate the ground movement in Choplifter for the SMS with that term).

To me, that’s just a non-viable and annoying site building technique thrown together by art ***'s who have no business building websites… one that breaks badly on really large displays, and is nothing but a useless disaster on small ones.

… and I suspect that no javascript was used to do that effect, as that’s the sort of thing CSS should be able to handle all on it’s own… though don’t quote me on that. Layering position:fixed with different top paddings should be able to do that.