I know i am new to these forums but found some articles and noticed i could not really find an answer to what i was looking for. so what im looking for is this
- a modern looking cms
- be able to have Community driven moduals like discussion forums and shout box’s
- allow me to post news to the front page
- allow me to show a list of all the members of a certiant sub section of the community.
Now i have recently stumbled upon Xenforo and i am thinking about obtaining that but i was trying to find a cheaper alternative to Xenforo. i found redaxscript and it looks great and has ALMOST all the features im looking for. if i could petition yall for your guidance it would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve never heard of Xenforo.
If you’re looking strictly for a LAMP solution might be worth giving this a try.
A lot of CMSes offer what you are looking for. A few points, though:
- “a modern looking CMS”. CMSes don’t have a “look”, as such. They are code on the server that powers the site, but the look is determined by you, the front end designer.
- “community driven modules”. Again, many CMSes have these, so I’d say look at each CMS and see what’s currently available for each.
- “post news to front page”. Again, they all allow that.
- Xenforo is a forum CMS. You need to consider whether your site is primarily a forum or a website that includes a forum. Sounds to me like you want a more general site that includes a forum. Even WordPress offers this.
This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.