Creating ZigZag edges in Photoshop

Hi all,

A client has asked for a little rectangular “Special Offer” graphic to go on her web page, but she’s asked for it to have a zig zag edge. Other than doing it by hand, pixel by pixel, are there any quick ways of going about creating such a shape?

Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:


You can use the Pen tool. Shift+P to select the Pen tool (make sure it looks like a plain Pen), then click in, and out, and in, and out, etc… while doing a circle. Once you done, click on the Path Selection tool (black arrow), right click on the shape, and fill it in :D!!

I tried doing it that way but the corners looked weird as hell, which was annoying.

Really I suppose I was wondering whether it was possible to customise any of the shape tools to give a zigzag edge… but I guess not.


I haven’t tried it but i think this is what you are looking for -

Have you searched for photoshop vector shapes?

Here might be a good starting point.

Absolutely perfect. Thanks :slight_smile: