Every month SitePoint Forum Staff award one member with our highly priced and desirable Member of the Month badge. By doing so, we recognise the excellent job done during that month, showing patiente, skill, knowledge and community spirit.
This month this award goes to Awasson. [s]We do have an interview on the day which will be posted in the next couple of days. The delay is my fault so I hope that you will forgive me for it.
In the meantime[/s], please, join me to congratulate Awasson for his incredible participation during the previous month. Well done, and well deserved clap clap
Interview is now ready. Thanks, Awason, for answering your questions. To our SPF member, enjoy
- How did you find SP and what made you stick around?
- What would you change (that is, if we'd give you the opportunity to change anything)
- You work as a programmer... when did you decide that you wanted to work as one? Or it simply happened?
- Is there any other job that you would have done instead of programming?
In your profile you say that you used to break things... to then fix them up... how often did you break something up and realized that you couldn't put it back together? Has anybody said to you “Didn't I ask you to leave that alone?” Oh, that’s a bit tongue in cheek but I did spend most of my life being told not to touch one thing or another. My grandmother used to tell me that I was just like my dad who had a knack for taking things apart and not necessarily getting them back together properly. The upside is that if you learn how to take things apart and then put them back together (even if you have to do some repair along the way), you’ll have the confidence to tackle pretty much anything that comes your way.
- You also say that you like music... what kind of music do you listen to? Do you play any instruments?
- Your list of interests also include home renovation and motorcycles. It seems that everything that interests you is related with breaking things up... (and fix them, of course! XD) Which would be the job that makes you feel the proudest?
- What kind of motorcycles do you like? Harley Davidson style, or more street/racing ones?
- How many motorcycles do you own?
- What was the craziest thing you've done (but that surprisingly worked well)?
- What is the challenge that you would like to take if you could?
- You help a lot around the CMS forum... in your opinion, what's the CMS with the hardest learning curve? What's the easiest to use? What is the best?
- And outside SPF and work... what makes your day perfect?
- Do you have any piece of wisdom you want to share (if you haven't already)? Any funny story? Any recommendations (a book, a movie or what we should never ever buy)
- Now let's go for some shameless self-promotion.... what makes you special?
Is there anything else that you would like to add or say to the world? Maybe something along the lines of whatever you do, try to make a positive impact on the world and the people around you. I’m not being glib, I truly subscribe to that idea.