Where to get Free hosting

Hi,

I want to ask some help where i can get Free hosting for my website…I just want to try my website to be view live in internet…Does anyone offer free hosting so that i can upload my files.I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Have you seen this thread? It might help.

OP, really do yourself a favor and do not go the free hosting route. It will only cause you more trouble down the road with downtime issues and the risk of losing all of your content.

You should check www.freewebspace.net its a hub of free hosting providers.

Hi,Thank you for this, okay i will try this.

You are welcome. Free hosting is not a long term solution. :wink:

Freehostia and Host-ED are two good free hosting services which you can use. However i would advice you to switch over to paid hosting because you would have to bear with the ads in case of free hosting services. If you are planning to start some serious website, you should consider paid hosting services.

Hi jemz,

Have you taken the time to consider why it is free hosting? Something has to pay for the bandwidth and server infrastructure. This is paid for by advertisement, bare bones support, a stuffed to the gills shared hosts. If doing something professional, do you really want non-targeted and prolific Ads getting in the way of your site’s content? Do you want to be penalized by search engines like Google, for having a bad content to Ad ratio in your site?

Do you think that the volume of your site users will be high or low? If low, then maybe consider an inexpensive shared hosting where you control all the content; or consider a free for one year Amazon EC2 and then after that a pay only for what is used. If your user-ship is low then it may be less than shared hosting.

I think it is very ill advised to use ‘free’ hosting.

Regards,
Steve

I may be misreading the OP’s post, but I was under the impression he only wants free hosting as a kind of test environment, to check how things work on the server. It doesn’t sound to me like he’s viewing it as a serious long-term option.

Yes if this is the intent then jemz may be better off opening port 80 on their local installation of WAMP and pointing Public DNS to their IP (even if it is dynamic) they could update their DNS and use by I.P. until it propagates. I guess that the free hosting may suit this need although how would the Ads affect the testing experience? Otherwise jemz can still use EC2 free for a year.

Regards,
Steve

10 free web sites (90 day free trial + 1 year after trial ends) during the technical preview at Windows Azure.

Figure, I would let you all know. :stuck_out_tongue:

X10Hosting and 000Webhost both provide pretty reasonable free web hosting. One of them (X10) has clamped down on spammers, pirates and otherwise dodgy members to such an extent legitamate users can even run small chat rooms and use a TLD on a free account, features unheard of for many if not all its competitors. Incidently not all free webhosts insert adverts (niether of the above do), many prefering instead the business model of restricted server functions/ storage or bandwidth encouraging users upgrade to paid hosting.

Sure you get what you pay for, of course on the flipside paying for ‘professional’ hosting does not always get you a better quality of service especially at the shared server level. Resellers are partly to blame but the root cause is often the primary host and examples of dire support from some litter the forums. (The free package details from X10 & 000 are actually better than what some ‘Pro’ hosts offer for £60/year)

Hi, Thanks for the reply…i tried the x10hosting to register but it will not continue…anyways thank you for helping me.

You can get free hosting but with limited space, but you can’t get free domains… That’s impossible.

jay,

Not so! MANY hosts offer ONE free domain with an account with them. Indeed, even WebHostingBuzz offers that.

Saying that, though, you must realize that you ARE paying for the domain name as its purchase price is embedded in the cost of your account. The hosts can buy domain names in volume and get a great bargain; that’s passed along to you via your hosting account.

CAUTION: Unscrupulous hosts are buying those domain names IN THEIR OWN NAME and make it difficult (if not impossible) to relocate to a different hosting service. (Note: From my experience with WHB, I’m sure they’re NOT one of those unscrupulous hosts.)

IMHO, domain names are cheap enough that you shouldn’t have to worry about “free” domain names.

Regards,

DK