Lost in Translation 2

Lost in Translation 2!
[rule=“100%”]Orange[/rule]

We had good fun with our first Lost in Translation competition, so here’s another one. :slight_smile:

It’s a simple challenge.

We’ve taken a common web design term and run it through Google Translate multiple times until unrecognizable. All you have to do is work out what the original words were!

The first to answer correctly will win a free SitePoint ebook! You can answer as many times as you like.

If someone doesn’t get it right away, I’ll start to drop clues, so keep tabs on this thread.

The original term will probably be familiar to you, and is between one and three words long. Here are two resulting translations that the translator tool produced:

reserve meet
satisfaction

See if you can work out what the original words were by “untranslating” the above. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Edit:

Clue 1: this tends to be a rather devicive topic
Clue 2: the original term consists of two words

Edit:

Jeesh, that was quick! We already have correct guesses, as announced in post 16. Hopefully we’ll have another simple challenge for you soon. Stay tuned. :slight_smile:

Don’t be afraid to have a stab at it, guys! I’ve added the first clue above. (And yes, I am a lousy speler. :slight_smile: )

Accessibility?
Content Management?
Content Cache!

Search Engine Optimization

Good guesses, guys. Not yet, though. :smiley:

Responsive Web Design?

Nice guess, but see my second clue above … (which I’ve just added).

Responsive Design

Graceful degradation or Progressive Enhancement perhaps?

Media queries :slight_smile:

minimalist design?

Device sniffing?
Fluid grids?
Flexible images?

User experience?

application cache?
cache manifest?

Book Mark.
Browser Bookmarks.

Great work, everyone! I should have expected this one to fall pretty quickly, as it’s a common term, and indeed it has. And to think, I had so many cheesy clues up my sleeve.

The answer was indeed “responsive design”, and I think, to be fair, I should declare two winners here, firstly @stautem, for getting it (but with the extra word), and also @micreate, who got the exact term I was looking for.

So congratulations to you both! We will be in touch shortly.

Thanks to everyone for your entries. “reserve meet” and “satisfaction” were indeed two translations that appeared after jumping through multiple languages. Who’d be a translator, eh? Anyhow, I’ll try to post another one of these soon. :slight_smile:

Awesome! These things are a ton of fun! :smiley:

Aww, thought for sure I had it with “content cache”, since ‘satisfaction’ and ‘meet’ are synonyms of ‘content’ (think adjective not noun), and ‘reserve’ is a synonym of ‘cache’ (think noun not verb).

Nevertheless, a fun little contest! :slight_smile:

web desing