Terms & conditions
Whenever you request a page through your browser, navigation and clickstream data such as:
- your IP address,
- browser and version,
- operating system,
- date and time and
- the site from which you came
are stored in a log file and/or database. Any search terms that you enter into the SitePoint Site Search are also logged. This information cannot be used to identify specific individuals, and is only used for:
- Website and system administration,
- research and development,
- anonymous user analysis, and
- to provide accurate statistics to advertisers in the form of aggregated data.
This information is kept on a secure dedicated server hosted by AWS as well as servers within the SitePoint offices.
The email addresses collected from subscriptions to the SitePoint newsletters are not sold, or disclosed to any third parties. These addresses will only be used by our business to send out SitePoint communications (for example, the SitePoint newsletters). You will not receive any mailings you did not request. The email addresses collected at SitePoint are stored on a server hosted by Campaign Monitor. You can remove yourself from our list at any time by visiting updating your email preferences linked from the bottom of any newsletter email received.
When a contest/sweepstakes/survey is run on this site you may be asked to supply some personally identifying information like your name, email address and/or phone number. This information will only be used to notify winners of the contest/sweepstakes. Non-identifying information may be analyzed, aggregated and presented to third-parties to provide an overview of the demographics of our Network´s visitors.
When a survey appears on the SitePoint Network, information is collected, compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. SitePoint may share this aggregated data with advertisers or business partners.
Cookies on this site are used by ourselves, our ad management system, and occasionally by advertisers who use 3rd party ad serving solutions. Cookies are used for:
- ad tracking,
- customization of content (i.e. not repeating pop-up windows),
- storing login information, and
- statistical site-traffic analysis.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
The information collected during the registration process for the SitePoint Community is used to:
- contact members,
- customize content based upon user preferences,
- display member status, and
- display the date of a member´s last visit.
Information collected in this process can also be used to prevent banned users from re-registering under a different username. The email address will only be seen by moderators and administrators if the “Keep your email address viewable to other users when you post notes?” option is set to no. Cookies may be sent to your browser to enable automatic log-ins upon further visits, as well as for content customization.
If you purchase products directly from SitePoint, your contact information and a transaction history will be kept by SitePoint. We may use the contact information to inform you about the status of your order, as well as to let you know about upcoming SitePoint Products. If you request sample chapters of one of SitePoint’s information products/books, your email address will be used for follow-up purposes. You may unsubscribe from these mailings at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
Any postings in our Forums and Articles should be considered public knowledge and will be accessible by search engine spiders. This includes any information you provode in the “profile” associated with any accounts you have at SitePoint. SitePoint will not retroactively edit your username, profile or posted messages.
Any messages sent through SitePoint’s servers, including person-to-person communcations, are unencrypted and may be accessed by SitePoint Employees or Contractors.
SitePoint complies with all law enforcement agency requests for information. Any data collected will be used by ourselves and our agents. SitePoint hereby reserves the right to transfer any data collected in the event of an acquisition, full or partial, of the company or its assets.
If you have questions regarding our privacy policies, or require assistance in opting out of our email lists, please contact privacy at sitepoint.com.
Terms & Conditions
1. The materials displayed on this website, including without limitation, all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustrations, artwork
and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trade marks, are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal, non-commercial use within your organization only. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the express prior written consent of SitePoint.
Save for the above, SitePoint does not grant any license or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
2. You acknowledge and accept that the information contained on this website (the website information) may include technical inaccuracies. You acknowledge and accept that the website information is subject to change at any time and may not necessarily be up to date or accurate at the time you view it. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
3. To the extent permitted by law, SitePoint disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall SitePoint, its contractors, agents, or employees be liable for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude warranties or conditions which SitePoint cannot, by law, exclude. These Terms and Conditions do not exclude any liability which any law requires SitePoint to accept. If SitePoint becomes liable for any breach of any such condition or warranty, SitePoint’s liability shall be limited at its option, to any one or more of the following:
- in the case of goods, to any one it determines of the following: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- in the case of services, to either supplying the services again or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
4. This website and the materials displayed on it may not be accessible from time to time due to act of God or other force majeure events, including inability to obtain or shortage of necessary materials, equipment facilities, power or telecommunications, lack of telecommunications equipment or facilities and failure of information technology or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
5. You must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on this website.
6. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the State of Victoria, Australia. In the event that a dispute arises from these terms and Conditions, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.