First time selling a site

It’s my first time thinking about selling a website and here I am clueless.

Hopefully someone can help me evaluate the site.

My site is <snip/>

I created it last month thinking I would have much more time to put into it but I got a new job and I really don’t have the time… If I stick to it I’m afraid to neglect it and sink it over time…

It’s a file sharing service, as some of you may know, there is a lot of money in these websites.

I can’t really say how much for sure I’ll make this month and next month, but daily revenue looks the same. it’s steady.

for the first month, it made 400$ off ads.

if I continue not doing anything…it’ll just stay at 400$.

I know how this kind of online services work, I personally know the owner of other major filehosts and I know that if I wouldn’t have got this job… I wouldn’t be looking to sell the site.

I know the “usual” is 10x the monthly income but I’d like to know how I can maximize that because IF someone were to offer me 4,000$ right now…it would be a crime for me to accept it knowing how big the potential is…I’m really not sure.

I hope I can understand this whole sale process better.

stats:

uniques per day:
impressions per day:
15 500

time spent per week: less than 30 minutes unless there is a problem.
Everything is automatic…it’s just a question of supervising the whole operation once in a while to make sure people are using it etc… no maintenance etc (then again, this all depends on you… if you want to make changes etc… then obviously you’ll have to spend time modifying things)

I can’t help the buyer with the hosting costs because I have my own server so it would be difficult for me to assess the expense.

Thanks!

I agree with tke71709 on this. Is $400 for 30 minutes of work not worth it for you? Seriously? If so please tell me about your new job I’ll have to change professions.

This is grey legal area like any other site with user generated content. The law is very clear as per online storage providers. If you get a file takedown request, you cooperate and that’s that…

My new job will prevent me from being anywhere near a computer most of the time but ultimately if there is no buyer, I can look for someone to take care of the site while I can’t…

However, even though I may or may not sell, how can I evaluate the site’s value? I’m still curious as to how to evaluate a site’s value.

It would be unlikely that you would get 10x for a site with only one month’s revenue history in a grey legal area that doesn’t even load for me.

Also if it only takes 30 minutes a week to run then I don’t understand how you don’t have time to do so, new job or not.

The only true way to determine the value of a website is to put it up for sale.

After all a site is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Some sites go for 3 months revenue, some go for 6, some 12 and for some (e.g. Youtube) the valuations are non-sensical in their absurdities.

What is the site rate.