I have been incredibly busy lately, and yet I have still found time to watch an occasional television show or movie.
Granted, I still watch far less television than the average person, but the other day I thought about how I could better spend that 3-5 hours a week I typically spend watching TV.
Below is just a few ideas I came up with:
Write an article or two for my blog (or the Tribune)
Work on a website redesign I’ve been putting off for months
Work on a presentation I’m giving next week
Read a book
I could easily come up with dozens of things I could do rather than watching television: some work and some personal. Most would probably be better for me in the long run.
I’ve decided next time I think about turning on the television, I’m going to do one of the things above instead.
How many hours a week do you watch television?
What could you be doing instead to grow your business, become more healthy, or relax?
- 1 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams
- 2 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 3 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story
- 4 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs
- 5 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs