The Week in ColdFusion: 26 March-1st April: No fooling here
On BlueDragon Open Source: Vince Bonfanti, President of New Atlanta, has announced that BlueDragon Open Source will be unveiled at the cf.Objective() conference in May. Vince also speaks his mind on the latest instalment of the ColdFusion Weekly podcast, and is interviewed by Dan Wilson in this dzone article.
From the Adobe camp:
- CF Product Manger Kristen Schofield wants your feedback on the idea of a ColdFusion evangelism kit for potential customers. Do you think this would be useful? Let Kristen know your thoughts!
- Last week the Adobe MAX locations were announced. Now, they’re looking for your thoughts on sessions and presenters
Brian Rinaldi talks to Peter Bell in his CFUnited interview series. Peter will be presenting three sessions at the CFUnited conference, on CFCs, code generation, and OO. Brian’s Open Source Update also had lots of interesting announcements on the frameworks front (ColdBox, FarCry, Mach-ii and Transfer related).
Code and techniques, short and sweet:
- Brian Ghidinelli shares a technique to minimize memory usage by bots in applications using session management
- Justin Carter has started a documentation wiki for ColdExt, the ExtJS tag library for CF, with a Getting Started tutorial
- Ever wanted to use CFPOP over a secure connection? It’s not supported in CF, but Jake Munson shows how it can be done with a quick Java call
- Brian Love has worked out how to determine if a particular request is coming from an Ajax request or not
And finally, my new most favourite tag: CFGRID. Anuj Gakhar shows how to change the CFGRID pageSize attribute dynamically, and Dan Vega shares a nifty select element trick for editable grids.
Got a link for me? Think I should be covering other stuff? Leave a comment, drop me a line (kay AT smoljak DOT com) or tag your links in del.icio.us with for:kay.smoljak. Until next week…