Thanks and goodbye to all!
After over two years writing this blog at Sitepoint, it is time to move on.
First, I think I’ve covered most of what I can say in blog format in past entries. It is time for some “new blood” to provide new ideas for you.
Second, my own professional practice is evolving, and I’m focused on some new product/service ideas and target markets. So I need to invest my time accordingly.
I want to thank all of you and especially the great people at Sitepoint for this wonderful opportunity. It has been a true pleasure, and Sitepoint is a fantastic organization!
Finally, here is the bottom line:
1. Make business development a priority. Less qualified/talented people who market do better financially than more qualified/talented people who don’t.
2. Develop a powerful, compelling marketing message that attracts prospects to come to you.
3. Focus your marketing on a target market.
4. Get visible in low cost, high impact ways, preferably by educating your marketplace about the problems they face and how to solve them.
5. Think big. We have one go-round in life as far as we know, so don’t waste it on small thinking.
6. Do what you love, and if you can find a way to get well-paid for it, you are doubly blessed.
Peace, health, and happiness.