I’m sitting back and celebrating after my best week ever — easily six figures in booked income. Not revenue, but income (I’ve shared with you my bad weeks, so indulge me as I share the good ones).
The vast majority of this income has come from business relationships that I’ve cultivated for a long time through a conscious effort to build trust, credibility, and value.
There’s no silver bullet there — just hard work, delivering on promises, investing in high-potential relationships, identifying things I can do to help, and gradually becoming the advisor of choice.
Traditional marketing gets you in the door, at best. The real money in professional services comes from developing strong long-term relationships with high-potential clients and referral sources. You don’t get rich on the first assignment, but on a string of assignments that come from delighted clients and loyal referral sources.
- 1 Boost Your Brand by Turning Your WordPress Blogs into eBooks
- 2 What High Converting Websites Do Differently (& How to Copy Their Success)
- 3 Your Guide to Getting Started with Mobile SEO
- 4 How to Build a Thriving Business in a World of Declining Attention Spans
- 5 Bringing SEO In-House - An Agency's Perspective