I’m finishing up some projects as I write this, looking out to how to keep my pipeline full (not that I need to; this year has been FANTASTIC and I could take the rest of it off; but I love what I do).
The answer is simple: Stay the course. I have a focused target market, and need to continue reaching out. So my plan is:
– Pitch ideas to two current prospects who I know from other client work;
– Play tennis with a top referral source and work with him to create some opportunities;
-Turn on my online marketing efforts to my target market, with an emphasis on new educational, valuable materials for this market.
– Experiment with a new target market, closely related to the current one, but different enough to be worth some testing.
The key is to not panic, not flounder, but keep building on what I already know works fine.
Are you staying the course?
- 1 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs
- 2 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 3 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams
- 4 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story
- 5 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs