1. Set up twolayers in a new movie. Name the first one "loader", and the second "picture".
2. In the picture layer import a large picture of your choice, and drop it into the layer. Make it 5 frames long, and make the last frame a key frame. Then delete the first four frames, leaving only the fifth, and call this "end frame". Insert the stop(); action into this layer.
3. Now go to the actions layer, and create two key frames.
4. In the first key frame, insert the action:
7. In the second key frame, insert the action:
8. Press Ctrl+Enter twice on your keyboard. Voila! Your preloader is complete.
Georgina has more than fifteen years' experience writing and editing for web, print and voice. With a background in marketing and a passion for words, the time Georgina spent with companies like Sausage Software and sitepoint.com cemented her lasting interest in the media, persuasion, and communications culture.
7 Habits of Successful CTOs
"What makes a great CTO?" Engineering skills? Business savvy? An innate tendency to channel a mythical creature (ahem, unicorn)? All of the above? Discover the top traits of the most successful CTOs in this free guide.