Sasser from a business development perspectiveBy Andrew Neitlich
I hope most of you are treating Sasser as an opportunity to build relationships with clients/prospects by warning them about it, showing them how to protect themselves, and helping them avoid it.
Get the word out now via email and/or phone calls to your clients and prospects. Be sure to give them the information they need to know their risk and reduce it.
It will pay off down the road — and give you one more reason to stay on the top of their mind.
- 1 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 2 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs
- 3 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story
- 4 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs
- 5 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams