Here are some of the best posts on RubySource in the month of October, in case you missed them.
- Short, Long, and Pretty URLs: Darren Jones shows how to create your own URL modifier in Sinatra, complete with why you might use short, long, or pretty URLs.
- How Can a .NET Developer Get Started with Rails: Claudio Lassala paves the road from .NET to Ruby and Rails.
- Creating Your First Gem: John McAliley teaches the way of making gems.
- Loccasions: Pair Programming: In this installment of the Loccasions series, Glenn Goodrich has a pair-programming session.
- Debugging and Dissection Dojo: Marc Berszick uses martial arts to explain the basics of debugging in Ruby.
It’s spoooooky how good October was on Rubysource. Don’t be scared, though, just dress up as a duck (or anything that has a quack() method) and come get some Ruby treats!
SitePoint WordPress Restaurant Theme
Pull in the crowds to your eatery, cafe, restaurant or bar with this flexible, modular WordPress theme.
SitePoint WordPress Ecommerce Theme
Sell your wares with this delightfully elegant WooCommerce-powered WordPress theme.
SitePoint WordPress Portfolio Theme
A beautiful, responsive, portfolio theme for creatives - photographers, designers, writers, developers - that shows off your skills and work to potential clients.
Plugin Systems with Hapi.js
CSS Animation Tips
Here are some short pointers for you fellow CSS Animators
Feature Tests with RSpec
Well made tests, to accurately test your code.
Jump Start Responsive Web Design, 2nd Edition
Create exceptional design for every device
Designing UX: Prototyping
A prototype is worth a thousand words
Researching UX: Analytics
Understanding is at the heart of good UX