Here are some of the best posts on RubySource in the month of October, in case you missed them.
- Short, Long, and Pretty URLs: Darren Jones shows how to create your own URL modifier in Sinatra, complete with why you might use short, long, or pretty URLs.
- How Can a .NET Developer Get Started with Rails: Claudio Lassala paves the road from .NET to Ruby and Rails.
- Creating Your First Gem: John McAliley teaches the way of making gems.
- Loccasions: Pair Programming: In this installment of the Loccasions series, Glenn Goodrich has a pair-programming session.
- Debugging and Dissection Dojo: Marc Berszick uses martial arts to explain the basics of debugging in Ruby.
It’s spoooooky how good October was on Rubysource. Don’t be scared, though, just dress up as a duck (or anything that has a quack() method) and come get some Ruby treats!
Breakdown your code and make it more maintainable...why wouldn't you?
Get started with Laravel 5.2
User Interface Design with Sketch 4
Create your next web project with Sketch
Researching UX: Analytics
Understanding is at the heart of good UX
Rails: Novice to Ninja
The ultimate beginner's guide to Rails!
Designing UX: Forms
Design forms that won't drive users crazy