PHPMaster: Localizing PHP Applications “The Right Way”, Part 5By Abdullah Abouzekry
In Part 4 you learned how to use gettext for one of the most complex aspects of localization a developer can face, plural forms. In this, the final part of the five-part series, I’ll teach you how you to automate part of the localization process by extracting msgids and generating a PO template file ( .pot ) from your application’s PHP code. Let’s dive right in! Extracting Strings from Source You’ve seen how powerful gettext is, and how easy it was to incorporate localization into your applications. But what about ongoing maintenance?
- 1 An Alternative Laravel Package Development Workflow
- 2 A Walkthrough of CSS Length Units You Can Use for Font Size
- 3 How to Improve Site Performance (and Conversions) with Dareboost
- 4 A Guide to Testing and Debugging Node Applications
- 5 Make Your Own Social Network, Game Server, or Knowledgebase! - Sourcehunt