I had the pleasure of connecting with Eric Raymond while putting together my new column on navigating the open source licensing world.
Much like the initiatives to standardize the Linux desktop and applications across distributions — Raymond suggests the community perhaps needs simplification on the licensing side as well.
Both of these efforts would do well to bring more corporate buyers and a wider array of funded developers to the open source sphere.
Ideally a tool or method which eases the difficulty of analyzing one’s project against the varying licenses for license selection will certain lessen the complexity of this exercise.
SitePoint WordPress Restaurant Theme
SitePoint WordPress Ecommerce Theme
SitePoint WordPress Portfolio Theme
Responsive Web Development
Elm: A Beginners' Guide to Elm and Data
Jump Start Responsive Web Design, 2nd Edition
Designing UX: Prototyping
Researching UX: Analytics
- 1 The 3 SaaS Metrics That Matter (& How to Improve Them)
- 2 6 Tools to Stop Your Devs and Designers Strangling Each Other
- 3 6 Unexpected Mistakes That Keep Developers from Getting a Raise
- 4 7 Deep Work Tips That Will Dramatically Boost Your Productivity
- 5 How Much Is My App Worth and How Do I Sell It?