In reading many of your posts to recent blogs, I want to first thank you for some very thoughtful and insightful posts that really round out my sometimes skewed perspective.
One thing I notice is a tendency to have an either/or mentality, for instance, “I can be a great designer or great at sales/marketing.”
The book Built to Last by Jim Collins (a business classic by the way) has a whole chapter about how great companies shift from “or” to “and,” while laggards get stuck in either/or.
What if you were a great designer AND great at sales/marketing. What would it take for you to rise to that challenge?
- 1 7 Proven Cognitive Biases (And How They Impact Your Design)
- 2 How to Build a Virtual Design Team with 99designs
- 3 New Podcast: #Ep1 - Designing for Scale: Inside Atlassian’s Design Teams
- 4 How to Boost Happiness and Engagement with Personalized UIs
- 5 Podcast: Behind the Facebook Logo - A $100 Million Story