1 month ago
At Wicket, we believe Associations deserve world-class software to deliver their valuable mandates to the professions and industries they serve. Wicket is transforming how Associations impact society by empowering them with the world’s first Member Data Platform (MDP). Can you help?
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be working on an Agile team that is passionate about diversity, learning, experimentation, and collaboration. You’ll be bringing new features to life in our web based user interface, working with our UX team to simplify complex features into elegant and successful outcomes. You will hone your UI/UX and team working skills.
We work remotely; join us from anywhere in Canada.
You can expect to:
- Collaborate with designers and developers to create an intuitive and high quality product
- Write and review efficient, testable, and maintainable code
- Improve your technical skills to understand and solve complex problems
- Experience a dev culture built on Modern Agile and DevOps
- Further develop your technical & programming skills via peer mentorship, pair programming, and professional development
You will focus on:
- You will integrate services using Rest API’s and GraphQL.
- App Performance Optimization and Modern Browser Applications
- Building reusable components to search, display, and modify data
- Building elegant interfaces to showcase data and invoke user action.
- You may contribute across application layers using Ruby on Rails & SQL
You should apply if:
- You have a solid understanding of modern Front End Web Apps
- You have experience with CSS Frameworks (Bootstrap, Materialize, Etc.)
- You have experience working with REST APIs
- You are a self starter who is hungry to learn new technologies and improve your skills
- You enjoy working on a team in a highly collaborative environment
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked on an Agile team
- Have familiarity with Object Oriented Programming, MVC, and Web Frameworks (Ruby on Rails, or Django, Node.js, Serverless, ASP.Net, etc)
- Optimized Modern Web Applications
- Experience with GraphQL, Next.js, or Gatsby
- A diploma, certificate, or training program in software/web development, or, a degree in computer science or engineering
What we offer:
- Full-time employment at a growing SaaS company
- Equal opportunity employer who prioritizes diversity and inclusion
- Awesome culture and growing team
- Awarded Great Place to Work in 2021
- 4.8/5 Employee Happiness Score, and +78 Employee Net Promoter Score
- Our team is growing by 40% in 2021
- An opportunity to work with modern technologies, amazing projects, and like-minded people
- Employee Stock Options
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid vacation time and your Birthday Off
- An annual stipend to spend on books, courses, workshops, etc. to advance professional learning
- Lots of opportunity for employee engagement through our retrospectives, one-on-ones, quarterly performance reviews and peer-to-peer recognition
- We love dogs, trivia, and wine/beers/soda on Friday
Work Remotely from anywhere in Canada
When you apply please provide a cover letter clearly explaining how your background is a good fit for this position.
Wicket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.