Senior Data Engineer
6 days ago
Senior Data Engineer
Wavo is looking for a senior data engineer to join our technical team.
Digital advertising, technology, & data are changing the way artists & brands approach advertising. With Wavo you will get the rare chance to create services that will be used by today’s top artists, managers and brands to help them grow their business through Wavo’s advertising, analytics, and business automation products.
Wavo’s technical team is small and efficient, and while we work to a high standard we don’t over-manage. We strive to build a workplace where everyone works hard and gets passionate about the big challenges.
We can promise you will never be bored. We are constantly experimenting, testing new approaches and challenging ourselves to master new skills. We try to think outside of the box and build an environment that’s both exciting and meaningful.
About The Role
Wavo is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work on the Music Intelligence Platform team's music and marketing analytics platform. Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing data processing pipelines using AWS EMR and pySpark, contributing to and improving our overall technical architecture, and developing new features to expand the capabilities of our analytics platform.
Collaborate with other data engineers and machine learning teams to implement new data pipelines, improvements and fixes needed to build and extend our advertising and data management platform. Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other team members.
- Technically strong, with 3+ years of experience developing and shipping code for production systems
- A good communicator and enjoy interacting with people
- Have a high degree of proficiency with Apache Spark and pySpark
- Collaborative and work well with a team
- Passionate about working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, and secure
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic and have a strong desire to learn and improve
- Have a deep knowledge of Apache Spark & pySpark. Experience with dbt is a plus.
- Have a high degree of proficiency with Python
- Have strong SQL skills and are familiar with PostgreSQL
- Are familiar with Amazon AWS services including S3, EMR and RDS
- Current in relevant technologies and know how to implement them effectively
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote enabled environment
- Are comfortable having ownership and control of a project
- Competitive compensation based on experience;
- Competitive equity;
- Group health and dental insurance plan;
- A dynamic and empowering workspace, wherein employees come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Access to technological infrastructure to be able to effectively onboard and work remotely;
- Being a part of innovation at the nexus of music, marketing/advertising, and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read the full Equal Opportunity Policy here.