Senior Full Stack Engineer
11 days ago
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Truebill is a YC-backed startup with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Our DC office is right on the Silver Spring metro! Hundreds of thousands of people use Truebill to manage their daily finances and take control of their money. We just recently announced our $17m Series C round of funding and are now looking to scale our all star team!
With a mission to improve the financial health of everyday people, Truebill is transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through helping people cancel unnecessary subscriptions, negotiating bills, and securing refunds, we save our members money while helping them regain control over their finances.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you'll:
- Work alongside a team to implement, iterate, and debug product features that drive forward both the company and the user.
- Own projects from end to end, making key decisions in the implementation of new features that balance technical concerns with business concerns.
- Develop with TypeScript across the stack, building user interfaces using React Native and the backend support required to power them with Node & GraphQL.
- Be a steward of good user experience, ensuring that the interfaces we present our users are performant, understandable, and delightful.
- Help to maintain our high technical bar, participating in code reviews and design discussions to ensure that we're applying appropriate rigor to our software development process.
- Develop an understanding of our users to build and measure features which help them better understand and improve their finances.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience working with some combination of Node/TypeScript, React (or similar framework), GraphQL, and Postgres (or similar relational database).
- You're both a student and a teacher, continually seeking to grow as an engineer and help those around you grow as well.
- You're not just interested in what you're building, but also why you're building it. You want to see the bigger picture of how the software you're building is benefitting our users.
- Experience with our stack (TypeScript, React Native, PostgreSQL) is a plus.
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.