Sr. Software Engineer
1 month ago
Sr. Software Engineer
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are hiring Software Engineer who has experience building 3D rendering, immersive, and interactive websites/applications. You will join the Immersive Technology team, and work in close collaboration with various businesses to build immersive experiences to enable our customers. The right person will have the ability to work with a creative team to bring a vision to life. Various current use cases for immersive experiences include interactive content, product selection, immersive instrument guidance, including procedural help through immersive guides/holograms/3D shapes, and holographic training guides.
What will you do?
- Make design choices, coordinate, and oversee technical standards, software standards, and tool choices as they relate to immersive technology.
- Work closely with the Graphic 3D artist to build 3D rendering, immersive, and interactive websites/applications.
- Work with a creative team to bring a vision to life.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to determine what tools need to be used, and outline what will be accomplished.
- Deliver high quality web application code to build cutting-edge interactive experiences.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Demonstrated experience with the following frameworks: Babylon.js, or three.js
- Proven experience building high-end interactive 3D web experiences (websites, web applications, intranet sites, web engines, or platforms) with WebGL
- Proven experience developing innovative and creative solutions to complex creative and technological problems
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio
- Experience with OpenGL ES or WebGL.
- Experience with Linux system administration and management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiar with development of networked applications, and underlying network protocols and concepts: e.g., TCP, UDP, ARP, Nagle's algorithm, broadcast domain, subnet
- Comfortable programming in GLSL (Graphics Library Shader Language).
- Proficient in C/C++ application programming on Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of how to identify computational bottlenecks and optimize for mobile devices
- Knowledge of UI/UX in 3D software interfaces
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Backend coding experience: PHP
- Experience with administration of Dynamics 365 and other Microsoft intranet services.
- Experience developing an internal intranet, web pages, or apps with Microsoft Office 365
- Proficiency in any of the following 3D Modeling tools: Unity, Unreal, Autodesk Maya/Max, 3D Lighting and UV Unwrapping/ Texturing software
- Understanding of Web Protocols (HTTP, DNS, TLS, SSL)
- Unity development experience.
- Experience with 3D point cloud data visualization.
- Experience with 3D point cloud algorithms such as RANSAC, ICP.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.