Senior Backend Engineer
9 days ago
Senior Backend Engineer
Tesorio empowers the Fortune 5,000,000 run as if they had a Fortune 500 finance team. We plug into a company's cashflow data sources and leverage data science to surface the most impactful actions they can take to optimize their cash flow. Then, we let them implement those actions with the click of a button.
We listen to our customers, and empower them to share their best practices and wishlist with us to make our product better every day. We're looking for talented engineers to help us implement a high volume of curated ideas and reinvent how complex financial transactions can be simplified.
We are developing machine learning algorithms to understand business cash needs, predictive algorithms to forecast future cash flow, and a sleek UI/UX to make our products enjoyable to work with. You'll be joining an early-stage company with a small, tight-knit team, backed by top-tier VCs (including First Round, Floodgate, Fuel and Y Combinator). You'll work closely with the entire engineering team, our Head of Product, and the co-founders. Learn more at tesorio.com.
What’s in it for you?
- Remote OK (Western Hemisphere) or work out of an awesome office with all the perks.
- The majority of our Engineering and Data Science teams work fully remote. We call our team "Remote Powered." At Tesorio, "remote" doesn't mean second-class.
- Fast paced environment where you have a daily impact.
- Work with some of the best and brightest (but also humble).
- You can hold your own on the backend, and you don't compromise on quality.
- You're looking to contribute significantly to a product as an individual contributor.
- You have strong opinions, but you hold them loosely.
- You're always learning.
- You have an appreciation for the importance of frontend.
- You love building and shipping magical products that will help thousands of companies.
What you’ll do day-to-day
- Ship backend code for features to Tesorio's core product.
- Work tightly with frontend and product to ensure the end product is first class.
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base.
What you can expect:
- You will work on a small, nimble team with a frontend engineer and product manager
- You will own high-impact features with your team from concept to launch
- You will have a strong influence on how features come together
- Your team will have a chance to demo your work to the whole company each sprint.
The ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years of work experience.
- Has experience and familiarity with Python.
- Is resourceful and agile, and remains positive in the face of problems.
- Empathetic towards colleagues and users.
- Expert working with different web tech stacks: libraries, frameworks, testing, etc.
- Experience working with a backend MVC framework.
- Excited about the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team.
Nice to have
- Experience building integrations with financial and/or accounting systems (e.g. screen scraping and APIs)
- Experience with Django
Note: we currently cannot sponsor visas.