Senior Front End Developer (Angular)
11 days ago
Senior Front End Developer (Angular)
This is a remote opportunity
Web Application Development isn’t Rocket Science, except when it is.
Rocket Communications is currently reviewing resumes for Senior Front End/Angular Developers to work with our talented User Experience Design Team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on a mission-critical, next-generation product tasked with monitoring and protecting space-based assets that keep our modern world running.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Work closely with senior developer leads as well as one of the best UX teams in the industry
- Responsible for critical projects that address the requirements of our large customers in the commercial and space industries
- Develop responsive web applications and reusable, open-source code for implementation in mission-critical environments
- Identify project risks, raise concerns with project leadership and provide alternatives to handling risks by working with creative, experience, and development team members
- Master new/emerging technologies, stay up-to-date with relevant technologies, and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices
- You have a unique combination of skills that allow you to build software that is as elegant as it is powerful
- You’re passionate about technology
- You are self-directed and capable of identifying next tasks without explicit direction
- You have a fearless and positive attitude towards work and life
- You love learning and solving problems
- You thrive working within a team of professionals
- You believe anything is possible through coding
- You approach challenges with a positive attitude
- You recognize the value of code readability and the importance of developing to established guidelines so that your work looks as professional as it performs
- Due to the requirements of our clients, you must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
Top 5 Reasons to Work at Rocket
- You Want to Win. This is an opportunity to be part of a bold UX company that is making a big difference in user interface design. We want to continue our adoption rate in the commercial and space verticals. Each project is challenging work with an overall team goal for success.
- You Want to Learn. From our executive leadership on down, we're constantly improving our craft and getting better at what we do. We want our staff to become ten times more effective within 4 years from the day they joined the Rocket team.
- You Care. Increasing productivity by making complicated apps easy to use is in your blood. You are good at what you do and want to make a difference using your skills and knowledge about UX design. Our mission speaks to you, and you're yearning for a workplace filled with people who put impact first.
- We Care. Rocket takes care of its staff. Not just with good pay and benefits, but with the understanding that you are a whole person whose life experiences and family responsibilities are a part of what makes you great at what you do. A remote, flexible, outcome-focused workforce is part of our DNA.
- You Want a Team. Not just a group of people who work together. You want a team where co-workers support each other. We're high-impact and low-ego. As a Rocket team member, you'll work hard, learn every day, laugh and connect with your team as we grow together. And be respected for the whole, real person you are.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing data-driven web applications
- 3+ years of experience with Angular 6+
- 3+ years of experience with Node.js
- Deep understanding of RESTful design principles and experience creating and consuming APIs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver product features to customers in a production environment
- Experience implementing a given layout into a functioning interactive design
- Expert level understanding of:
- Software design patterns, principals and best practices
- Iterative prototyping and/or working in Agile development environments
- Strong skills and experience in effective collaboration and technical problem solving within multidisciplinary teams representing:
- product or service owners and stakeholders
- creative visual and interaction designers
- business strategists
- technology platform providers
- software architects and engineers
- quality assurance personnel - operational support groups
- Exemplary attention to detail to translate designs accurately while maintaining a high level of code quality
- Possess a laser focus on quality, including success with design reviews, code reviews, testing, etc.
- Willingness to participate in an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to accurately estimate project scope and tasks
- Be a self-starter capable of taking on tasks without explicit direction
- If you are willing to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science
- Located in the Denver or Los Angeles area
- You love dogs
Double bonus points
- If you have an active TS Clearance
Rocket is a UX design consultancy, not an advertising agency or web design studio. Our ideal candidates will provide samples of their work. If you think your work samples will demonstrate that you have what it takes to join our team of professionals, please apply.
Please be aware that many of our clients and projects require the ability to obtain security clearance, which requires US citizenship. Additionally, further Rocket and government background investigations may be required to participate in certain projects.