Senior Software QA Engineer
6 days ago
Senior Software QA Engineer
Natera’s mission is to give couples the best chance of having a healthy child and we need your help to bring the latest technology in genetics together with advanced signal processing and statistics. We are hiring for a Senior Software QA Engineer.
We’re building a team of SQA engineers who want to help develop software that lasts -- extensible, testable and self-documenting. No biology background is required but this is an excellent opportunity for a strong Senior Software QA Engineer who would like to bring their skills and expertise to the Life Science Industry. The ideal candidate for this position has solid Software Quality Assurance background and familiarity with test automation principles in a faced paced agile environment.
- Responsible for complete end-to-end validation of Natera cloud-based analytical platform, Laboratory Information
- Management System (LIMS), and other software components.
- Perform software validation analysis, define and document test plans and specifications required for regulatory compliance.
- Participate in building and maintaining data-driven test automation framework using automation tools and libraries.
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects.
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage
- Work closely with developers in all phases of SDLC to build quality into our development process.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience testing both front-end and server-side functionality of complex n-tier systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Extensive working knowledge of relational databases, strong SQL skills.
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium,, TestNG, Junit, ScalaTest, Gatling and others.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages, such as Java, Groovy, Python, Scala, Ruby, Perl, etc
- Strong knowledge of Linux and command line shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sports leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.