Software Engineer III - Data Engineer
11 days ago
Software Engineer III - Data Engineer
We're looking for a talented and technically well-rounded person who loves to tackle complex problems and is passionate about building scalable and reliable data pipelines that serve as foundations to various applications, e.g., BI reporting, data transformations/integrations, machine learning, etc.
We are seeking someone who wants to be a contributor in a small, dynamic work environment, loves a challenge, and has a strong balance of technical and people skills. As a Data Engineer you will be a member of our backend engineering team and collaborate to help specify, design, and develop data pipelines meeting company and product requirements. You will help evaluate and choose service protocols and architectures, write high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules, and be fully responsible for ensuring quality and proper deployment of the written software.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. Our clients include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps in the world and our platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
- Work with business stakeholders and product managers to define ETL pipeline requirements
- Design data schemas to efficiently stores data that support various BI reporting needs
- Build, maintain, and document automated ETL pipelines
- Continuously monitor and optimize the pipelines and data schemas
- Build automated alerting to improve efficiency of our team’s operations, including but not limited to time series forecasting, anomaly detection, text classifications, etc.
- 3+ years of proven success working in backend of large-scale software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in SQL-like languages and tools
- Ability to learn quickly and display solid analytical/engineering thinking
- Experience in building scalable and distributed ETL pipelines for analytics processes and/or training machine learning models
- Able to design and develop quality cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion
- Demonstrable experience in taking projects from spec to release
- Working knowledge of Druid, Fivetran, Redshift, Looker, Spark, Luigi/Airflow, etc..
At this time, mParticle will not be sponsoring visas for this role
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 45 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.