Office 365 Engineer
Office 365 Engineer
Responsibilities/Job Duties/Job Description/Qualifications:
The Infrastructure group brings the digital workplace to life for the Customer’s organization. This group seeks out new technologies on the horizon and how to leverage them to support the goals of the organization, manages the infrastructure and creates a digital, connected workplace for employees. As part of the Digital Workplace team, the Office 365 & Messaging Engineer designs, evaluates and prototypes solutions to enhance productivity, communication and collaboration tools, technologies and processes. Areas of focus will include Office 365, Messaging, collaboration and Enterprise Social Media technologies. Participate in small to large projects related to productivity, collaboration and communication solutions for all employees across the enterprise. Promote and support an enterprise perspective and vision to influence and move the culture to one that values and uses cross-business and functional processes. Work with Infrastructure Business Partners and clients to identify process improvement opportunities within business processes.
Key Interfaces: Business and Functional leaders, Business Process Owners, IT Business Partners, IT PCC Leadership, IT Consultants and Analysts.
- Leads technical elements in systems development projects, both within systems design and in interfaces with other stages of development. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options.
- Provides expert technical knowledge in the system testing of platform specific versions of the software product(s), documenting faults, implementing resolutions and retesting to agreed standards. Reports the outcome of the testing and highlights potential improvements to the process.
- Provides specialist guidance information to user support and help desk functions to assist in resolving customer problems.
- Specifies and designs large or complex systems, covering for example: objectives, scope, constraints (such as performance, resources etc.), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered.
- Assesses software packages on their ability to meet all or parts of specified requirements and advises colleagues and management on their technical suitability.
- Provides operational oversight of outsourced partner in the delivery of projects and day-to-day activities.
- Coordinates and manages rapid response and permanent resolution to problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them, with minimal downtime to systems and services. Maintains up to date information on major problem resolution and ensures the communication of such information to all interested parties. Ensures that problems are fully documented within the configuration management defect/problem reporting system (known error database). Proactively matches unresolved incidents against existing problems, known errors and other incidents.
- Determines and initiates preventative measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components. Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents. Support service level management in monitoring the impact of problems on agreed service levels, and co-ordinate and manage any appropriate improvement actions.
- Analyzes incidents and problems to show trends and potential problem areas, so that actions can be taken to minimize the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting, analysis and resolution. Creates and monitors plans and strategies to investigate and resolve incidents and problems, including proactive problem management activities. Assesses the probable causes of incidents and consequences of existing problems and known defects, in order to improve established problem management policy.
- Ensures all work is documented using the appropriate standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate. Ensures that designs take full account of specified requirements and constraints, including any potential safety-related aspects, and are appropriate to the target implementation and support environments.
Key Qualifications and Experiences:
- A Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant experience with demonstrated skills or 9-11 or more years of applied experience with demonstrated skills described in the Position Profile section.
- Basic knowledge of Unified Cloud computing environments, networking concepts, and collaboration technologies.
- Demonstrated programming and scripting experience to automate functions and or trigger events.
- Experience in leading and working in an Agile project environment.
- Experience with configuration and implementation of Microsoft Office 365 products and services, MS Exchange, SharePoint, Yammer, and Social Media tools.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity concepts and can execute test and make changes to recovery plans.
- Familiar with Service Level Management and ITIL practices, focusing on operational efficiency and improving delivery speed, agility and automation to support rapidly changing business needs.
- Good understanding and working knowledge with Microsoft AD and security solutions, e.g. Exchange Online Protection, Okta, identity management tools, data loss prevention tools and federated authentication solutions.
- Has thorough knowledge of two or more of the software platforms on which the product(s) run and some knowledge of other configurations. Has good knowledge of more than one of the third-party software products with which the product(s) run. Has a good understanding of the development tools used to produce the software product(s) and their system interfaces. Has a good understanding of the business processes for which the product(s) are designed.
- Scripting expertise to automate incident, event triggers and workflow.
- Shows evidence of analytical ability and attention to detail. Appreciates the importance of commercial constraints. Has a good knowledge of a wide area of information systems concepts and practice, both within and beyond own organization. Including all stages of systems development. Has a deep knowledge of at least one area of specialization.
- Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality. Has good knowledge of the system components and interfaces being integrated. Has thorough knowledge of testing procedures. Has good knowledge of configuration issues. Has good appreciation of project management techniques.
- Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers. Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services. Shows aptitude for analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents in the operation of information systems. Has general awareness of the nature of business-critical incidents, and of their implications for the business.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory.