Software Design Engineer in Test II
7 days ago
Software Design Engineer in Test II
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cutting edge company, disrupting its industry. Currently optimizing over $100bn+ in procurement spend for the world's largest companies, Keelvar is more than just a software company. Keelvar is an evolution of how companies work.
Our technology is unparalleled in its space. We are on a fast-paced journey to herald a new era of SaaS 3.0. Using AI, Machine Learning, and Game Theory to build intelligent systems that optimize and automate the procurement sourcing process, we save our customers millions of dollars every year, and help their suppliers find the best customers for them. Many of the world’s top blue chip companies use Keelvar to aid negotiations; they set high standards that we relish achieving because it helps us be the best at what we do.
We believe we can change the world and have fun doing it. We are a hard-working team who love what we do. We believe that a culture of curiosity, experimentation, and risk-taking is the key to finding breakthrough approaches - and we don’t settle for conventional approaches.
We strive for excellence, challenging ourselves and each other, with independent thinking, a lot of focus, and plenty of collaboration. In our eyes, the bigger the challenge, the bigger the reward. We’re not content with just equipping users with good tools; we want to help our customers achieve success and excellence, and sometimes this requires lateral or unconventional thinking. We want you to share your knowledge readily and learn every day. We like to ask questions, and answer questions when we can. We invite you to a workplace that is inclusive and celebrates diversity. We support everyone in being themselves, feeling empowered and inspired to make a difference.
If you are passionate about how technology is changing the world of work and want to work with a great team, this is the role for you.
What you will be doing
As a Software Development Engineer in Test II, you will be responsible for building solutions that revolutionize how the best procurement teams in the world are sourcing.
You will be primarily responsible for writing frameworks and tools to test products.
It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It merges the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering.
On a typical day you will:
- Create and execute comprehensible, repeatable, and measurable automated regression test suites for existing frontend and backend functionality.
- Maintain, enhance and extend existing complex Python/Selenium/JMeter frameworks.
- Identify, evaluate, report and document defects during the design and implementation phase.
- Assist in reviewing business requirements and identify gaps/conflicts with the existing system.
- Collaborate with colleagues in development, professional services, operations and quality assurance to ensure quality is at the core of delivering on our vision.
- Ability to work effectively on a self-organizing team with minimal supervision.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle and ensure quality all the way to production systems.
- Capture and report on key quality and performance metrics.
- Collaborate in company strategy and implementation of security, fault tolerance, scalability and performance initiatives.
- Investigate and problem solve issues.
- 3+ years software developer in test experience.
- Expertise in Python, JSON, and RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in test automation frameworks and writing/maintaining test frameworks.
- Backend expertise in databases, caching, performance tuning and scaling systems.
- Experience working on a large codebase using Git or similar technologies.
- A strong focus on delivering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Have a Computer Science honours degree or related qualification.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with AWS services, Redis and celery are a positive.
- Familiarity with the enterprise SaaS ecosystem.
What you can expect
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- Peace of mind with life assurance
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme.
- Commuting is a breeze with a location that makes access hassle-free, and CIT/Leisureworld facilities on our doorstep.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Keelvar! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Covid-19 has changed the work environment. While this role was originally for our Cork headquarters, we are now looking for remote candidates also.