Anywhere (100% Remote) Only21 days ago
Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario URL: https://hypotenuse.ca/
By day: professional musicians, fitness enthusiasts, gamers, and more.
By night: a team of devs passionate about building cutting-edge tech for the future!
Hypotenuse Labs has been helping early-stage startups build incredible web, AI, and blockchain products in a variety of high-impact industries since 2018. We're growing super fast, going from a team of 3 to 15 in less than a year!
- Marketplace + corporate intelligence platform for some of the largest luxury fashion brands in the world.
- Uniswap for Algorand - an automated market maker for the Algorand blockchain.
- Time-series prediction engines for a brand-new asset class in the music industry.
5 Reasons To Join
- Awesome projects: Work with many ambitious startups in a variety of high-impact, cutting-edge projects and industries.
- Flexibility: Work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Impact: Get a true say in how we shape and build products.
- Killer teammates: Be a part of a rapidly growing team of talented, kind, experienced alumni from Facebook, Amazon, Uber, Snap, and many more.
- Cash: Earn what you deserve - we offer competitive salaries.
What you’ll do
- Simplifying tough engineering problems: debugging, protocol design, and more.
- Architecting sustainable & scalable systems: as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Improving engineer productivity: designing clean abstractions, refactoring, and debugging.
- Growing the engineering culture of the team: code reviews, pair programming, and mentoring.
- Estimating and specing out projects: collaborating with our CTO and engineers.
- Making product decisions: to optimize team productivity while bringing the most value to our clients.
Frontend: React.js + TypeScript
Backend: Flask or Node.js
The Rest: up to you, as long as it’s the best tool for the job :)
What We're Looking For
- Experience working in software consulting, startups, or leading customer-facing projects.
- Solid understanding of best practices for building robust software, but knows when to break the rules.
- People who are empathetic and kind leaders.
- Excitement and passion about anything: tech, travel, music, or life in general!!
- Leadership, management, and product-facing experience.
- Technical experience in:
- Building blockchain apps or smart contracts
- Machine learning pipelines and production-grade deployments.
- Cloud providers (e.g., AWS EC2, S3, RDS, GCP/DigitalOcean equivalents).
- Databases (query optimization, indexing, clustering, sharding, replication).
- Redis (e.g., caching, sharding).
- Sysadmin stuff (e.g, linux, systemd, cron, nginx, docker/docker-compose, terraform, ansible, Kubernetes).
- Python deployment (e.g., uwsgi, gunicorn, supervisord).
- Networking (e.g., load balancers, CDNs, firewalls, NATs, VPCs, security).
Hypotenuse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.