Software Developer, Automation
12 days ago
Software Developer, Automation
At Hopper, we are on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are harnessing the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world's first fastest growing mobile travel market, one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper's goal is to reduce traveler anxiety at all stages of the process, from purchase to travel. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven, financial technology products focused on providing peace of mind, Hopper brings value throughout every step of the customer journey.
Leveraging immense first and second hand data, Hopper has launched several fintech products of great customer value that do not exist elsewhere, such as refundable, flexible tickets and price freezes. Thanks to these offers, Hopper's revenue growth has increased 112% despite the slowdown in travel due to COVID-19.
With more than C $ 250 million in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the United States, Hopper is poised to continue its acceleration and become the world's fastest growing customer-centric travel company.
Recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded more than 50 million times and has more than one million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of accolades, such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come and let's travel together!
Our new Financial Automation team is working closely with financial analysts, application engineers, data scientists and product managers to build an integrated platform to reliably follow, understand and grow our business. If you share a passion for building a gold-standard data and process automation infrastructure, we'd love to talk to you.
As a software developer at Hopper, you will take advantage of the latest technologies to solve challenging challenges that will affect millions of users. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, solve complex problems, and implement robust and scalable solutions.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- You will develop and scale the data processing pipelines that feed our data warehouse and ledgers.
- You will build integrations with third-party APIs to create new data sources.
- You will define the data requirements, identify the sources, design and implement appropriate ETL processes using Google Cloud technologies.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and financial analysts to understand data needs.
- You will deploy and monitor the automated management of data pipelines.
- You will experiment with new tools and technologies to improve efficiency.
- You will establish and maintain rigorous data quality standards in our data pipelines and core data sets.
- You will implement systems to measure the quality and consistency of the data.
- You will identify and solve problems with tools, data and pipelines based on the impact to the internal customer.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Detailed understanding of at least one modern programming language such as Scala, Java, or Python
- Experience working in a cloud environment with data storage technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Athena, and Snowflake
- Experience designing and building large-scale data pipelines with Function-as-a-Service frameworks such as Lambas and Cloud Functions
- Demonstrable experience with SQL, HQL, CQL, etc.
- Backend development experience with Scala, Java, Python, unix shell scripting
- Experience in creating ETL pipelines is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Analytical skills
Please send us your CV in English