Sr. Data Engineer
6 days ago
Sr. Data Engineer
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be building the future of Healthgrades’ enterprise data solutions, enabling health systems, hospitals and providers to better reach those consumers who are seeking care.
The Healthgrades enterprise data platform will enable health systems to create a holistic patient view, eliminate data silos, and improve patient experience. This enterprise platform will bring together once disparate data into a single platform, breaking down data silos and making data more useful across an entire organization. The Healthgrades data platform will also serve as the underlying data management solution for powering Healthgrades CRM and other customer experience execution systems while enabling health systems to reach beyond traditional efforts to improve and manage patient experience and patient engagement.
If you are a technologist and your idea of fun is to play with the latest technology, while delivering a world-class product designed from scratch, you will fit right in.
What You Will Do:
- Write and maintain software to support a data platform that powers an industry-leading healthcare CRM product
- Contribute towards software projects that use programming languages including Python, Scala, NodeJS, and SQL
- Work with a variety of data stores including traditional relational databases, NoSQL databases, and real-time messaging queue systems like Kafka
- Use SQL to analyze healthcare and marketing data sets
- Refactor and optimize our existing code base to improve efficiency and performance
- Respond to ad-hoc questions and assist our technical support team as necessary
- Ensure that our data pipelines are performant and scalable
- Ensure that our consumption layers and platform APIs meet the needs of end users
- Work collaboratively within a small team to design and implement creative solutions to our business needs
- Plan, refine, perform, and review work according to agile software development methodologies
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years of experience writing code using a scripting language, preferably Python
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts, including programming concepts and the software development lifecycle
- 5-7 years of experience writing SQL queries to analyze and report on data
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills that will allow you to work effectively within an agile software team
- Understanding of enterprise scalability needs
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience coaching and mentoring colleagues on policies, processes, and best practices
- Ability to translate ideas into technical designs and experience leading technical design sessions
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!