1 month ago
What You'll Work On
- Infrastructure as Code Library: create reusable infrastructure modules for a variety of infrastructure (e.g., Kubernetes, ELK, Consul, Vault, Kafka, InfluxDB, etc.), using a variety of tools (e.g., Terraform, Go, Python, Bash, Docker, Packer, etc.), across many clouds (e.g., AWS, GCP, and Azure).
- Gruntwork Platform: build a fundamentally better DevOps experience. Our SaaS Platform consists of a REST API (Node.js, TypeScript), a web-based single-page app (React, TypeScript, SASS), and a CLI tool (Go).
- Open Source: contribute to our open source projects, including our open source modules, Terragrunt, Terratest, cloud-nuke, bash-commons, and more.
- And a little bit of everything else. Gruntwork is a small, distributed, self-funded, profitable startup, so things are changing all the time, and we all wear many hats. You should expect to write plenty of code, but, depending on your interests, there will also be ample opportunity to write blog posts, give talks, contribute to open source, go to conferences, talk with customers, do sales calls, think through financial questions, interview candidates, mentor new hires, design products, come up with marketing ideas, discuss strategy, consider legal questions, and all the other tasks that are part of working at a small company.
Your Ideal Background
- You know how to write code across the stack ("Dev").
- You have experience running production software ("Ops").
- You have a strong background in software engineering (or are working hard on it!).
- Bonus points for a sense of humor, empathy, and curiosity.
Note that we're less concerned with prior experience than we are with curiosity about all areas of the stack and demonstrated ability to learn quickly and go deep when necessary.
If the above describes you: