Anywhere (100% Remote) Only27 days ago
Headquarters: Oakland, California URL:
Looking to join an early stage, funded, fast growth startup?Great Question is hiring a Founding Rails Engineer to help grow and shape their customer research platform. We are looking for someone with significant backend experience, who is comfortable not only delivering core projects but also owning them end to end.You'll be the second engineer hiring to come onboard (making for a technical team of 3!) and will be pivotal in shaping our team, culture and codebase.
Who are we?
We are a small team of passionate, experienced craftspeople who love building software that delights. We focus of delivering impact, obsess over customer feedback and rely on product analytics. We care about the software we build. We are fully remote, and have been since inception.
What are we building?
Great Question is the best way to talk to your customers. We believe that better products are built with better customer feedback and it's our goal to give that super power to all product teams by streamlining and democratizing user research.
Who are you?
- An experienced Rails engineer (4+ years experience)
- Experience designing and building performant REST APIs
- Thrives remotely. Self starter. Great communicator.
- Willing to take ownership over projects and deliver end to end.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, agile startup environment.
- Able to work significant overlap with PST hours.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building out privacy, security, and enterprise SaaS features
- Affinity towards design, UX, and UX Research
- Some experience with React + Typescript
- Leadership experience at early stage startups
What will you do?
As an early member of our team you'll be expected to wear many hats. Here's some indication of what's coming up:
- Build and maintain integrations with multiple partner APIs ( Zapier, G Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Zoom)
- Rearchitect & improve privacy solutions for customer data
- Performance tune API endpoints
- Manage production infrastructure, monitoring, logging etc.
- Assess and implement open source and third party vendor solutions as required.
- Improve automated test coverage, build out QA processes.
- Bring the good vibes.
What's the stack?
- Ruby on Rails 6 / Postgres
- Typescript / JS / React / Tailwind / ProseMirror
- Heroku / S3 (We're open to moving to AWS/GCP when the time is right)
- Stripe / Segment / Mixpanel / Vero / Alogolia / Datadog.
We are offering competitive salary with meaningful equity.
If you're interested in finding out more, or have any questions about the role please reach out to me directly at email@example.com or apply here.
I'd love you hear from you. PJ MurrayCTO & Cofounder @ Great Question