Senior Go Developer
9 days ago
Who are we?
Flyt is a technology platform designed to connect the world’s top food delivery companies with the world’s largest restaurant brands. If you have ordered food on your phone you have touched our technology.
Today, we’re a global company, with our technology being deployed across Europe, North America and Australia, and with team members in six countries. Yet we’re still human-scale: everyone can get to know everyone, and we are structured to ensure every team has a strong sense of community and autonomy on how to hit their goals.
Flyt is organised in small, cross-functional, autonomous teams we call squads. Each one of our squads owns an area of the product end-to-end and is responsible for meeting a business goal. Same principles as the Spotify model, but customised to what works for us.
We’re looking for a Senior Go Developer to join one of our teams. You'll be helping big restaurant brands like McDonald’s, Burger King or KFC connect their systems to our platform and enable new mobile and web experiences.
What you'll be doing
Here’s what your day-to-day looks like:
- Building new microservices on an event-based architecture. Golang, Kafka, AWS.
- Engaging directly with customers and partners to connect their services to our platform
- Sharing new standards and best practices with the wider engineering team
- Helping decide the best next thing to do so you meet your quarterly team goals
- Taking full ownership of your microservices: from coding and testing them to running them once they’re live
Working with us
You’ll love working here if:
- You can’t wait to roll up your sleeves and build a great product with a dedicated team
- You love having a goal, and having the autonomy to decide the best way to go for it
- You obsess over personal growth. Feedback, Coaching, Learning, Teaching.
- You like to communicate transparently (all our #slack channels are public!), and are willing to listen to your peers, earn trust and show up curious
- Salary: £75,000 to £95,000 pa
- Flexibility to truly work remotely
- Access to coaches on leadership, product, tech and sales
- Top spec Macbook Pro to enable you to do your job well
- The training budget you need to help you level-up
- A quarterly £££ bonus pool
- 25 days holiday pa
- Quarterly meets at different locations around the world where we all get together, plan for the next quarter and have some fun!
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with global expansion plans and operations spanning Europe, North America and Australia.