1 month ago
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data highly available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We’re looking for an engineer to grow our infrastructure to handle the needs of our product. This means playing a large role in both the hardware and software teams, crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems to power Density.
This position reports to Density's Director of Software Engineering.
Here's what we're looking for
- Strong writing skills; ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Strong experience with deployment orchestration using Nomad, Consul, and Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Deep knowledge of the AWS stack
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (CircleCi)
- Strong grasp of modern Python development
- Experience with management of networking and VPNs
- Experience managing software releases across multiple git repositories
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and time-series data stores
Icing on the cake
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- Experience building APIs and web applications (Django, Flask, Rails, etc)
- Familiar with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
- Familiar with repo aggregators such as Android's git-repo