Senior Security Researcher - Cloud - Secureworks
Senior Security Researcher - Cloud - Secureworks -
Remote - Atlanta, GA
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
- Serve as a top subject matter expert in Cloud incident detection and analysis
- Participate in advanced incident response and targeted threat hunting engagements consisting of Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS systems.
- Collaborate with teammates to develop Cloud / SaaS focused threat intelligence that improves our incident response capabilities, our proprietary technology and protects our clients.
- Development of countermeasures to detect or block threats.
- Provide timely support for Cloud / SaaS based compromises.
- Mentor teammates on countermeasures development, monitoring, tuning and analysis.
- Advise upon future required Cloud / SaaS capabilities based on research into novel adversary techniques and the state of the art platforms.
- Collaborate with offensive practitioners and researchers to improve authorized testing services.
- Develop tools to simplify aspects of countermeasure and forensic for consultants and teammates.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of competitive services, methodologies, and deliverables in the security marketplace.
- Work as an internal subject matter expert for other departments, including marketing, product management, and the broader Counter Threat Unit research team.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Cloud / SaaS incident analysis and response. (AWS, Azure, G Suite, O 365)
- Minimum 10 years experience in Event Log analysis and Audit for Cloud and SaaS.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Cloud Security Product offerings such as Datadog, Cyxtera, Lacework, ProtectWise, Okta, OneLogin.
- Minimum 10 years experience in programming with one or more of Python, C, C++, Go, Scala, Spark.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Forensic Analysis of collected evidence artifacts.
- Minimum 10 years experience in customizing tools and techniques to evade detection.
- MS or PhD in engineering/computer science
- Experience in developing tools for cloud infrastructure analysis, network traffic analysis and the detection of malicious code in serverless infrastructure.
- Experience developing detection methods on ELK, Greylog, Splunk, or other SIEM-like technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of information security components, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of computer network exploitation (CNE) and computer network defense (CND) concepts.
Remote, Atlanta, GA
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.